Green & Healthy
There is not just one way of building Green. Instead, you can exercise personal Green & Healthy choices, by selecting from many available Green building products and systems, which provide environmentally sensitive and healthy alternatives to conventional materials and processes. Your home – the environment, which affects your health immediately – can become healthier when you pay attention to systems and materials affecting air quality. These are especially important for those with allergies, asthma or other special health needs. Together we can minimize energy costs, improve indoor air quality and help sustain Earth’s resources.
- Healthy interiors: Zero-VOC, Low Odor Paints, Non-Toxic Stains, Sealers and Adhesives, solar lighting kits, energy star windows, compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Energy efficient: Products that lower operating costs, save electricity, and ensure that your energy dollars are well spent, such as high density insulation, Energy Star Appliances, Geothermal Heating and Exterior Sunshades.
- Water wise: Products that allow you to conserve and protect natural resources: dual flush and low-flow toilets, low-flow plumbing fixtures, permeable pavers, tankless water heaters.
- Renewable materials: Products that are made from renewable natural resources: Bamboo, eucalyptus, cork, linoleum flooring options; non-toxic based solvents and paints, natural cotton fiber insulation, tile, and countertops.
- Lifecycle: Products that are designed to cause no harm to the environment throughout their entire cycle of use; drywall, biobags and composters.e has been certified by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association
This Lake Forest home by Greenview is heated and cooled by Geo-Thermal Pump technology, using Earth’s natural thermal energy – a practically infinite source – to heat and cool the home. With pipes extending from the home 65 feet underground, the Geo-Thermal Pump system taps into the ever-constant 68 degree temperature deep under the ground, then circulates this temperature through the pipes for constant heating or cooling.
Healthy solutions for conventional forced air heating & cooling systems:
- HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters remove up to 99.97% of airborne particles.
- Electronic Air Cleaners remove particles, pollen and spores without a filter, by charging particles as they pass by the machine, which are then collected by the opposite-charged collection grid.
- UV Lamps for return air and coil kill germs, air borne bacteria, mold and other pathogens.
- Clean Steam Humidifiers remove chlorine and particles from water before it is used in the humidifier.
This Deerfield home by Greenview is LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certified by the U.S. GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL. The home uses a combination of Green and Energy efficient features and materials, such as insulation to obtain this rating.
GREEN CABINETRY: Woodharbor® has two door lines which have been certified as “recycled Content” by SCS (Scientific Certification System), thus successfully meeting the Materials & Resources credit for LEED). These cabinets are made from 100% recycled material and are available with low VOC formaldehyde free finish. Additionally, Woodharbor cabinetry lines are certified through the Environment Stewardship Program, administered by Kitchen Cabinet Makers’ Association (KCMA).